The search for today’s CFO is one heck of a challenge.
The role of the CFO is evolving such that it requires razor-sharp intelligence, the ability to deliver instantaneously and a whole lot of charming influence. It is safe to say that the CFO in under intense scrutiny, both internally and externally. Below are just some of the evolving requirements preoccupying CFOs in the current economic climate.
The CFO of today is:
- A strategist with an aptitude for identifying and building growth into a company.
- Living each day one step ahead of technological advancements.
- Incorporating risk management into each and every process.
- Motivating a team of overworked, and most likely underpaid, finance professionals to incorporate innovation into every single keystroke.
- Identifying the impact of forthcoming regulatory changes in a heartbeat.
- Supported and pursued by a vast and diverse network of professionals, globally.
- Required to build and maintain a systematic approach to ensure high levels of corporate governance are, not only in place, but also meticulously observed.
All of this, along with the traditional responsibility of acting as the catalyst for indisputable control, delivering an effectively managed P&L and last but not least, instilling a financial approach and mind-set which keeps all divisions moving ahead throughout the organisation.
To stay ahead, today’s CFOs need to leave their comfort zones way behind.
The good news however, is that, if, the CFO is willing, and able, to embrace the breadth of this enormous responsibility, they are undoubtedly going to be the key man, or woman, at the table. The role of CFO is fast becoming the vital ingredient in providing financial leadership and influencing the future direction of the company.
For further information about our Business Consultancy or interim CFO services, please contact us using, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.